Is your firm retaining clients and winning key projects?
This workshop will provide you with skills and tools to manage an effective business development program. Discover how to lead ALL of your employees to focus on client satisfaction and generate profitable business for your firm.
THE BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
By the end of this day-long workshop, you will understand how to:
- identify the characteristics of a successful business developer
- motivate your business development team
- cultivate productive relationships among BD, marketing, and technical staff
- develop and implement an effective BD plan
- create actionable business development goals
- build strategic alliance partnerships
- foster client satisfaction to build client loyalty
- coach presentation teams to win projects
You will return to the office with proven techniques and tools for effective management of your firm’s business development team and plan.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is designed for any A/E/C professional—whether you work for a one-office firm or a global corporation—who is responsible for:
- securing work for a professional services firm
- training and leading employees to develop business
- creating and implementing a business development plan
Directors and managers of business development and marketing, project managers working with clients, and principals will benefit from the opportunity to strengthen their leadership and management skills through the material covered in this workshop.
The program is taught by seasoned practitioners representing some of the most successful architectural, engineering, and construction firms in the United States. Through a mix of discussion, presentation, and exercises, they will guide you to:
- identify BD potential in others
- engage technical staff in BD strategies
- motivate presentation teams
- effectively manage client relationships
To learn more about SMPS’s stellar faculty, visit www.smps.org/Education/Business-Development-Faculty.
The workshop will begin at 8 am and conclude at 4:30 pm. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to give attendees additional time to network.
Identifying BD Talent
• Characteristics of a Business Developer
• Developing BD Skills in Others
• Motivating Your BD Team
Developing BD Plans
• Working with Your Strategic Plan
• Setting BD Goals and Objectives
• Creating a Sales Pursuit Plan
BD ROI Strategies
• Different Methods for Tracking ROI
• Key ROI Metrics to Track
• Communicating BD Value to the C-Suite
Building Strategic Alliances
• When Alliances Are Necessary
• What to Look for in a Partner
• Maintaining Win-Win Relationships
Leading with Communication Skills
• Building Trust with Clients
• Working with Colleagues
• Developing Your Industry Reputation
Creating a Client-Focused Culture
• Fostering Relationships among Staff
• Understanding Roles
• Recognizing and Celebrating Success
Building and Motivating Project Teams
• Developing a Message
• Hitting the Client’s Hot Buttons
• Coaching the Presentation Team
Client Maintenance and Management
• Why Client Maintenance Is Vital
• Understanding Client Needs
• Leading a Client Satisfaction Process
Date: April 5
Location: Fiesta Resort Conference Center, 2100 S. Priest Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282
SMPS Member: $395 (Early Bird: $345*)
Nonmember: $545 (Early Bird: $495*)
Registration includes a 100-page seminar workbook and continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments.
Teams of 3+ Employees: Save $100/person!**
Visit www.smps.org/bdmanager to register!
Register early to save $50 plus receive a series of readings on best practices in business development.*