Advocate, Educate, and Connect to THRIVE!
Greetings SMPS Arizona!
We are already half way through our annual calendar and fresh off of our mid-year leadership retreat; so I thought it was time to give everyone an update on the organization. In my kick-off Letter from the President, I laid out our strategic plan and the major goals this leadership team wanted to accomplish. Well, I am here to tell you we have already achieved many of these goals! Your leadership team has worked incredibly hard to provide you all with the following:
- Salary Survey, completed and sent to membership.
- SWRC Scholarship.
- Inaugural Arizona Marketing Awards are in progress, with Gala set for April 3rd.
- Social media and blog are being used for individual and firm promotion.
- Established two distinct programming tracks: one for Business Development and another for Marketing. These programs are selling out due to their popularity. Did you know we offer:
¤ Low cost software training
¤ Mentoring program
¤ AEC Bootcamp
¤ CRM Users Group
¤ Marketing Council to sharpen your skills
¤ Monthly client-driven programs to further your business development efforts
- We improved email marketing, hope you have seen the difference!
- Increased usage of MySMPS to help foster connections and provide resources.
- Holiday Mixer / Fundraiser for Maggie’s Place.
- National President Brad Thurman, and 2013 Chapter President of the Year, Kate Mullaney spoke at our mid-year retreat.
- We have provided extended outreach to new members.
- We rebranded the chapter and revamped how messages are communicated.
So, what’s left you ask? So much more!
♦ We will be awarding another Build Business Scholarship in April.
♦ The Vendor Fair is back in June.
♦ The National SMPS Board will be here in June for a meet and greet.
♦ Brand new, user-friendly website coming soon.
♦ Opportunities for you to promote yourself and your firms through the blog/social media.
But now that I have regaled you with what SMPS has provided over the past 6 months, it is time for me to ask something of you…. Get Involved.
If you are not actively engaged within the organization you are losing out on its #1 benefit, the network of amazing people willing to share their experiences and skills with you. We have 16 different committees looking for new people to help us provide all of the offerings listed above, as well as a regional conference we are hosting February 2015. Not sure where you fit in? Call me. Email me. After 14 years of being a part of this great organization, and working within almost every committee we have, I can provide you some insight on what might be a good fit and connect you with the folks you need to know.
To the SMPS Arizona Leadership Team, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the hard work you have put forth these past few months. The entire membership owes you a standing ovation.
Deirdre Booth, CPSM – SMPS Arizona President